Thursday, June 24, 2010

Composition demo finally on Youtube!

As I promised, the demo recording of my new piano composition, "Memories," is finally uploaded to Youtube! You can listen to it on my personal Youtube Channel, which can be found HERE. Since I have not completed writing the piece, I am still open to critique and feedback from all of you, so please, feel free to leave your comments here on my Blog or on Youtube. Thanks for listening! "Memories" was commissioned by the Hutchinson School District as background music for a series of community-based videos that will appear on their website. The next step for me now is to contact the school district, and once they are done with the videos, the project can be completed. Since I don't know how many videos there will be, nor how long they will all be, I am currently unable to truly finish composing this piano piece. The first two movements are performed in my demo, and they are entitled "Childhood" and "Maturity," respectively.

In other news, I'm still plugging away at my 3M factory job, which is actually going fairly well. I'm getting along with my coworkers quite well, and by bringing blank sheet music and pencils with me, I'm able to combat the extreme boredom of working in Extruding through composing music! Once again, thank you all for reading, whoever you may be. Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment