Sunday, June 13, 2010

New piano composition, "Memories," is nearly finished!

I am just about done composing my new piano solo, entitled "Memories!" I feel that I did a great job on this piece of work and I'm very excited for people to hear it. Broken into three movements dealing with all the the many memories of childhood, the project was comissioned to accompany the Hutchinson School District's new series of community slide shows, which will be completed soon and uploaded to their website. My friend Bryan has agreed to help me record and videotape the first and second movement, since the third movement is not quite finished. You can expect to see the demo recording on my Youtube Channel in a week or so!

Right now, I'm putting the finishing touches on the second movement of "Memories" and polishing up any errors I can find throughout the entire composition. Although I'm not positive about the titles of the individual sections of the piece, my working titles are as follows: Movement One is "Childhood," Movement Two is "Maturity," and Movement Three is "Departure." All three sections are separate of one another and can be played in any order, but there is a certain degree of musical unity and reference between them. I hope you all enjoy it as much as the head of the school district has so far! I'm somewhat bummed that I have to go back to work tomorrow night, but it is the night shift, so it's not all bad! Have a great day, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment